Back when I stopped playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3, for some reason it did not load at all when I recently tried to play a couple of games online. Its single player campaign worked fine, however, when trying to load the online multiplayer portion of the game, nothing happened.
If you’re having a similar problem to me and you know for sure that your computer can run the game, follow the solution below to resolve the issue :
Verifying the game’s content
This is what solved my issue with Modern Warfare 3. Maybe it might solve yours with your game.
- Open the Steam client. From the navigation menu, click ‘Games’.
- A drop-down list should appear. Select ‘View Game Library’.
- Right-click on the game that isn’t loading/launching from the left-hand sidebar.
- Select ‘Properties’.
- Select on the ‘Local Files’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache’ button.
Once that’s done, it should tell you how many files failed to validate. If there are any results, it should take you to a download screen to redownload the files. Take note that if the game is really large (10GB), it may take a couple of hours depending on your Internet’s speed.